7.16.2009

Olivia's "Mini" Marvelous Crib and nursery thoughts...

First things first, I just want everyone to take note that I am finally writing a blog post on our blog. This will be the first one..so we'll see how it goes and if there will be any more to follow.

I have been tracking our crib online through Fedex for the past few days and am so excited to announce that it finally arrived today. I ordered it over a month ago, so if you can imagine, I have been anxiously waiting for it for weeks.

Much to our surprise, the crib is very "Mini." I had no idea when I ordered it that the size was any different than any other crib. I should have called my mom before ordering. haha So I guess I will be custom making sheets and a bed skirt to go with it--which I wanted to anyway.


Working at a consignment shop has definitely had its perks. I picked up these darling Hot Air Balloon prints for only a few dollars that I will have matted and framed custom for the nursery. They remind me of a wallpaper that used to hang in a bedroom at my grandparents'. I am so excited about them and love that they will be very charming and unique.

I found these fantastic hanging hot air balloons while I was working on a playroom for the parade home this spring. You can get them in many colors and sizes. I intend on making a mobile out of a cluster of them. I just love how vintage they look.


4 comments:

Shelly said...

cute crib! are you going to be able to find a mattress that fits it? The nursery is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see it!

Jacquelinne said...

yeah, we can buy a special one. It really is the cutest little thing, though. I just love it..and it's perfect for the small nursery. I'm thrilled! :)

Ashleigh and Todd said...

That nursery is going to be soooo cute; I love the hot air balloon theme...cute and original, nice work! Saw a cute dress at the store a couple days ago that I wanted to buy for miss Liv (thats my nickname for her, haha) but Todd said I had to wait but Ill get a good one!

Debbie said...

I love the hot-air balloons and the crib. It really is perfect for your apartment! I have no doubt your baby girl will have the best of everything... you have great taste! :)