8.20.2009

A Little Bit About My Job...

Hey thanks you guys for taking a look at my work blog and for your questions. I apologize for not being very specific about what I do. Here's a little bit about how we work.

We are a furniture and home decor consignment shop--meaning that we sell used furniture and accessories that the public brings to us. When items in the store sell, 50% of the proceeds of the purchase go to the consignor and the other 50% to the store.

The furniture and home decor that we accept must be new or in great condition and currently marketable.

A great deal of the furniture on our showroom has been consigned by builders of model homes, too, so some of the furniture is essentially brand new and has only been staged in a home for a short period of time.

Shopping at our store is very economical. Our general rule for pricing consignment is half of the retail or purchase price.

Just today, we had a lady come in and buy a Ballard Designs Rug that retails for $1699 and bought it through us at $699. She is thrilled!

The fun thing about our store, also, is that we get in new consignment everyday, so everything is constantly changing from day to day around the store.

If you've never been in to visit either our Salt Lake or Pleasant Grove locations, please stop in even just to say "hi." You will be hooked! :)

Salt Lake City Location:

7817 South Highland Dr
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121
(801)453-9888

Pleasant Grove Location:

285 East State Street
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
(801)701-0603

3 comments:

Parrish Family said...

Alright, I already feel like I am hooked! My husband said, "Oh No!"

I think I may have to come check it out sometime. Thanks for all the great information!

Shelly said...

Sounds fun!...I mean dangerous! You're a lucky girl having such a fun job.

Debbie said...

It sounds like we definitely need to come check out your store... I'm sure the inventory is always changing. Sometime we'll drive down and stop in! :)