7.05.2010

Olivia's First 4th of July

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful, safe 4th of July. And yes, this is me blogging. I know you are shocked!

We had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. We started off the day by having a great breakfast at Todd and Ashleigh's. We should have taken pictures of our delectable german pancake, bacon, and fruit breakfast. I know, story of our lives. Imagine Craig finishing off the last piece of bacon and his really happy, content face, and that should paint a good enough picture.

We then went up into the mountains, ate barbecue and Ashleigh, Olivia, Gus and I watched the boys play soccer and frisbee from the convenience of our air conditioned car. It was very hot and humid up in the mountains. Gus and Olivia were both panting from the heat. Ok, me too.

Later that evening we went to downtown Indianapolis to catch a firework show. We had a great time sitting in the parking lot and enjoying each others company before the show. Todd had purchased some fireworks and we had a few good laughs lighting them off together. It was fun watching Craig and Todd get such a thrill from lighting the fireworks off. For a moment, I caught a glimpse of two little mischievous brothers getting into some trouble. Amazing how things like that make you feel young, again.

The firework show ended up being really great. We turned up our radios and listened to the songs they had compiled for the show. For lack of a better word, it was amazing being there with Craig and Olivia. I just kept thinking about how much I love spending these precious moments with them. I love how the simplest things can make the greatest memories and bring us closer together. I love you two more than anything!!

{Jacquelinne, Olivia & Craig before the firework show}

{Todd, Olivia & Craig before the firework show}


{Olivia laughing with her daddy}

{During the fireworks}

{4 words. I love you, Livie!}

2 comments:

Ashleigh and Todd said...

Yippy for updates!! Love the pictures and love the people in them! I am glad we were able to spend the fourth together:)

Kirsten Krason said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love those cute chubby baby legs. She is adorable.