1.13.2011

A much needed update..

So many wonderful things have been happening lately that I almost feel overwhelmed at where to start a blog post.  As Craig so eloquently announced a few weeks ago on our blog, we are expecting another baby in June.  We couldn't be more excited--I'm already finding myself nesting.  I have been organizing and cleaning out our apartment ever since we got back from the long Christmas break to make room for the new baby.  I even got a beauty of a dresser for our bedroom--a purchase way overdue.

We find out next Wednesday the gender of our baby.  Yes, I am already 20 weeks pregnant--I can hardly believe I'm half way through.  May the next half be just as fast and painless (without the morning sickness, though, please).  I truly think we are having another girl, but hate the fact that if we are, Craig and I will probably continue to debate about the name up until the day she is born.  Blah!

Craig and I both started school, again.  Yes, Craig is still attending and I am teaching.  Kind of funny to think of it that way.  As far as I know Craig is really enjoying his new classes and has already come home with great reports about his last semester of classes!  Wahoo!  So proud of you, honey!!

I am loving my classes this semester.  I have to just sit back in awe at these kids--what a blessing these young, brilliant minds are.  I love watching them grow and learn.  This experience has literally been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life--and they probably have no idea how much they have impacted my life for the better.  Thank you, kiddos!  Even you eight rowdy 7-9 years old's in my Creative Writing class.  At the time you seem a bit overwhelming and chaotic, but as soon as I get home and tell the Mr. about my school day, I find myself already laughing at your behavior.

Olivia is still my cutest, best girl!  She is learning so much, lately, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  She had the time of her life at Grandma and Grandpa Evans' last weekend while Dad and I got away for the weekend (what a wonderful break that was, by the way).   When we walked through the door after being away from her for the night, she didn't even flinch or crack a smile.  She just looked at me like, "Man, Mom, I was havin' a good time before you got here."  haha  She knows she can't live without me, though.  Take today {for instance}  I drop her off at the babysitter and she cries the whole time and wouldn't eat or nap.  The only thing that would fix it is curling up with a tube of M&M Mini's and me on the couch before bed.  Yes, you can't live without me, girl!  And the truth is, I can't even begin to think about living without you, either!

The other day I took a break from my hectic blogging work to spend the morning with Olivia.  Just girl time.  We both cut our finger nails and toes, put on lotion and did our hair.  It sounds like the dumbest thing, but being a Mom isn't as glamorous as you think, and having those few moments to pause from the world and have "Me" time with my daughter made my whole world.  And she loved every girly minute of it.  I love that you are just as girly as me, Olivia.  You have loved shoes, great outfits, and chocolate since day one.

So life is good in the Altom household.  We feel so blessed to have each other and couldn't be happier just being together, enjoying each other, and watching our love grow more and more everyday.  Everything isn't always perfect and we probably should do the dishes more often and keep things tidier, but things seem pretty perfect to me right now.  I love you Craigo and Liv.  You are my whole world!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the update! Such a cute family... I love the "girl" time with Olivia!

The Ostlers said...

Wow- congratulations! Keeping being pregnant a secret from the blogging world for 20 weeks is pretty impressive! Can't wait to find out what you are having :)

The Forsyths said...

NO I didn't just want to cry after reading this...but seriously I love you! Congrats on the baby! What a great family to come in to.

Unknown said...

I have to say it again, CONGRATULATIONS!! And very nice update. :)

I have some depressing news. . . . I'm changing to the Tuesday classes at Merit, so I will no longer be in your classes. I so desperately want to be in different classes with more of my friends, but I'm going to miss you and little miss Olivia so much!! I can still participate on the Creative Writing blog, if you would like. I would love to. :)

Just so you know, if you ever need a babysitter for Olivia, you can call me. Seriously. And we do have to get together and trade blog tricks. I have to see you and your precious little girl! :)

Thanks for being such a great teacher! I'll miss you!

Felicity

Kirsten Krason said...

Congrats on the baby on the way!! I'm so excited! Life must be so busy for you. It's fun when you take time away from blogging to spend time with those that matter most. Believe me I know how wonderful those moments can be :)