10.21.2009

Deer Valley Madness

Last Saturday Craig and I had another grand design adventure. If Craig had known when he married me that this is what he was in for marrying a designer, he may have had second thoughts. :)

This time we were up at Deer Valley Resort. I am now decorating a rental condominium at the base of the ski slopes at Deer Valley. The condo has four bedrooms, three baths, a kitchen, living room, and game room. The goal was to take out all of the dated (and awful, awful, awful) existing furniture in the rental and replace it with new, updated furniture and accessories in only one day. It was unreal!!

We started out our day at 9:30. We met up with three other employees at the store, loaded up all of the furniture and accessories that I had spent the last three days running all across the valley acquiring, and headed out for a fun filled day of decorating madness.

The first eight hours were spent moving furniture in and out of the house. I couldn't even bear watching these women and Craig carry the furniture up and down four flights of stairs. It was insane!! I honestly thought someone was going to die!

We took a lunch break at about three o'clock, and by that time, I think half of us were dehydrated and on the verge of exhaustion. I was even exhausted--and I wasn't doing any heavy lifting.

When we got back we we finally got started hanging pictures, making beds, and accessorizing. Craig and I even upholstered headboards! They turned out so cute!! I am proud of Craig and his remarkable craftiness! He's such a good sport.

At about ten thirty we finally all realized that we needed to be done for the day. We were all exhausted and overwhelmed by the project at this point. We finished a few final moving projects and loaded up the trailers with all of the awful furniture and headed home.

On the way home we stopped and got ice cream and I got some hot chocolate. We were so relieved to be going home. It was a long, long day, but I couldn't believe how much progress we made. It was unreal how the place was transformed in just twelve hours and under $5k.

The rest of the girls I work with went up again today hoping to finish up with the hanging and accessorizing. They joked that I couldn't come today because they didn't want me to go into labor. It's probably a good thing, because the entire way home from Deer Valley on Saturday I was having really painful contractions--I was ready to tell Craig at any moment to head to Utah Valley Regional Hospital, instead of home. Don't worry, no such luck!

We are having a professional photographer go up and shoot the condominium sometime next week. I will make sure to share the pics with you when we get them back. :)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like a party! I can't wait to see pictures! Someday, when we have a house, I'll have to have you help me decorate. It will be fun!

Debbie said...

Oh my! That sounds like such a crazy day... but so much fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! Be careful with that baby... we want you both safe and healthy!